Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bring on the learning revolution!

Been watching a lot of TED videos lately, because they seem to be a great resource to get me out of this "stuck" state of mind! For those of you who don't know, I've been doing alot of thinking as to how to construct these workshops and how much focus to put on their final "outcome". I think I've reached a point where I've decided that "process" is key - Thank you Geetu for helping me reach this conclusion.

Its great to hear people, whose words resonate so deeply with me. Sorry for the TED TALK overload, but I think they're extremely relevant to my project and help set the spirit with which I started writing this proposal, which right now, needs to take shape - and could either get lost or move into a space of process and leave room for a new formula of information dissemination - which by the way - doesn't mean being lost!

Indecently,  my favorite speaker, whose 2006 talk I've shared in a previous post - has a new video too! Please watch this one, its extremely insightful.

In this poignant, funny follow-up to his fabled 2006 talk, Sir Ken Robinson makes the case for a radical shift from standardized schools to personalized learning -- creating conditions where kids' natural talents can flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment