Thursday, July 29, 2010

Planning, Planning & some more Planning

On the outset of the project, I had of course, kept aside a lot of time to plan the workshops and start them as soon as possible. But this has been slow process, which has tested my patience. I had reached a point where things seemed impossible on every front : Getting the kids to come to the workshops at a specific time, Getting enough kids (who are interested), then having conversations with "maushis" and "kakas" and "majis" and "bapujis" too about the course. 

So let me update you on all that's been happening at its own pace with me trying my best to keep my cool. Yes, I'm an extremely hyper person, but I'm trying to adopt Buddhism and seriously calm down for good. (

Rounding up kids for the workshops :
In total there are now 23 kids. I have 2 batches - Saturday & Sunday / Tuesday & Thursday.
Sumeet and I have gone through the community explaining to people what this is about and asking both kids and their parents, if they (the kids) were interested to be part of it. The 2 main things I said I would be teaching them is Photography to refresh outlook and the way they look at things and The computer and how to use the internet. Some parents were wary - "We want our kids to focus on studying" , "He/She is not very smart in school, how can they waste time" others love that they can now have kids take their photographs, at home, in the community and at "weddings and functions", others do have broad minded thinking and understood how photography can change the way you look at things and also be a fun hobby to have on the side which is important to "manage stress".

Sponsors & other things one needs in order to actually do something like this :
This is has been a long process!
I have finally managed to find people to fund certain things (I will disclose all information when things are finalized in my next post).
What I needed was : Cameras, A computer, Stationary and An Internet Connection.

In short, things are falling into place. My first class is this Saturday and I'm hoping all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment