Monday, September 6, 2010

Colors bring everything to life!

I would like to apologize, for the lack of posts on the blog. Between the classes and thinking and managing the cameras and files, I find it hard to sit in one place and start typing. For that I need to be given some sort of ultimatum! So I gave myself one today. Hopefully in the next few days, I will get you up to speed on whats been going on in class and in my mind.

I spent the last few classes teaching the kids about color and its importance. Special thanks to Aakanksha, a friend of mine, who helped me realize the importance of doing this with the kids! The exercise needed to be simple. Each child picked a color and they were to go out into the community and locate and click an image of that color. As many pictures were welcome and for motivation purposes, I told them - they would be getting prints of their best pictures.

Here, is when I tell you, how easy it is for kids to get excited about things. It is also that easy for them to get bored. A few classes ago, I realized this sudden slump in excitement. I started to panic and since I've mentioned time and again, that I have never had to deal with so many kids before - so I really did not know what to do. This is when I decided that some material, tangible motivation was required.

I gave them 2 classes to run around with the cameras locating these things. At the end of this process, I picked some of their best pictures and made them cards that they could keep to share with their parents, friends and family.

Please go through the slideshow:

Colors bring everything to life                                                                                                                            

3 comments:

  1. Love it Nushy! Great job!! Cards look amaayyyzzzzzzing! Also, the terrace line up.. And littal Harsh hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE it. the colors/cards/kids look impressive and awesome. i want to order prints of the cards. make it happen na? :)

    ReplyDelete