Monday, September 13, 2010

Quick on the take

This is a random post!

Due to many constraints, teaching the kids how to use a computer, was kept aside for the time being as part of the class "activities".

But they seem to have picked up ALOT while I've been using my laptop.

Why do I take my laptop there? When the kids take pictures and there are 8 cameras, and some of them share them for the activities, it can get a little crazy sorting out pictures. So I try and do it in class, when I can make sure I don't mix up the kids pictures! Also, I like to show them the pictures on a bigger screen so I can show them what they've clicked and also give them a bit of casual feedback.

In this process they now know, WITHOUT me teaching them -

How to turn on my computer (Yes, they are sneaky!)
How to use the trackpad and mouse
How to open and close windows
How to rotate images and save them too (Apple +R, Apple +S)
How to go through everything on my desktop (!)
How to browse through folders and find their folders
How to use PhotoBooth (I might have taught them this)
How to get to ITUNES and play my music (and then make fun of it - Sahil "Yeh gaana hain, ke khazaana hain" on realising no matter how much he scrolls, its not going to stop)
How to use the keyboard (slowly)








FYI they also know how to use my blackberry. They can type on it, sms, make calls, find the games, the camera, the pictures folder, the memo pad (to practice typing - which mrunal does on my phone without fail every class). Technology just fits with them, they love it and they are extremely curious and quick on the take!

1 comment:

  1. haha!!! so true.. i had my phone completely usurped on the visit..

    ReplyDelete