Tuesday, August 17, 2010

At Chowpatty

None of the following pictures have been shot by me.
I think, its important for me to mention that I cant possibly upload all the pictures that they've taken and also that the ones I upload will be based on a bit of a bias on my part (at some level). I haven't cropped or digitally tampered with the images either.

But here they are : Enjoy!



























































After this session, I spent the next one on showing them all the photos they had clicked on my computer screen. We discussed which ones were good and which ones dint quite work and why.

I have to really break things down and simplify them for the kids, for example, instead of getting into the rule of thirds, I have just asked them to think of the placement of the subject in the photo. Why do they always put the subject in the middle? Why not on the side or anywhere else in the frame?

I also told them not to cut off peoples heads and limbs! Now, they've started noticing these small things. By the time we reached the thirds kids photos, they started to point at the picture and say : "usne dekho, usko pura kaat diya!!"

Another thing, I've told them to do, is start thinking why they're clicking certain things and from where. They must use their whole body instead of just their hands to get a larger range of angles!

I also did a small cropping exercise with them.
What I did, was told each child to pick two of their favorite pictures from the lot and then cropped them, to make them look more composed. I then showed them the differences between these images, to make them realize, how even though they are clicking cool subjects, they may not be composing the frame in the best way possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment