Monday, August 9, 2010

Overnight in Bangalore

This is a summary of my second review with my Panel at Srishti.

In this review, I discussed my plans for the next few classes and the feedback I received has helped me change the structure of what will follow.

- Pay less attention to technique and more to expression itself.

- Let the children tell stories rather than be told what to do.

- Focus on urging them to shoot images that capture their everyday life and not just things that amuse them.

- How does the child see the world? I must not try and enforce my aesthetics on them, rather, appreciate the vision they have, without being directed on composition and perspective.

- What is the net importance of the subject rather than the realistic one?

- What is reality for them?

- What do the dream of? The difference between dreams and dream vision.

- Can I get them to create a narrative with the pictures?

- The final outcome of the exhibition should treat them as CO-CREATORS. It is important not to focus on each child and their images, but make it more of a community pool of images so all of them are enthusiastic about adding to this pool and being a part of it.

A thank you to Ravindra, Sabina and Sanjay - my panel.

I would also like to thank Geetanjali Sachdev, Rustam Vania and Ampat Varghese who have been giving me additional guidance even though they are not on my panel. Will be sharing their feedback soon on the new resources tab I must create!

No comments:

Post a Comment