Monday, August 9, 2010

Kids and How we must give them time to flip out before they actually do something.

I must admit, I had a lot of hope for the last exercise I had in mind for the kids to do! I explained to them the basic functions of the camera :
Turning Power on / off
Flash on / off
Recording and Viewing Mode

I did not know, that they were going to go nuts, which well, is absolutely silly on my part.

I gave them the cameras telling them that they must each go find an object that they like and dislike. This object would need to be clicked in its environment in as many angles or placements as possible.

They were all really excited about it and ran off into the community to go capture these shots.

Well, no, NOT REALLY!

They came back with all sorts of random pictures having completely forgotten about the exercise. Either that, or one out of all the images was "something they liked or disliked."

Don't get me wrong! I am very amused and I'd love to share with you a few of the images that they did click that have nothing to do with the activity.  I'm taking this enthusiasm to capture friends and family as an insight into the social belonging these kids feel by clicking such pictures. And by showing these pictures, they are only spreading joy and smiles through the community.

First Clicks

No comments:

Post a Comment